Saturday 21 March 2015

AGN Crisis: Emeka Ike Gives Ibinabo 24 Hours to Vacate Seat


Nollywood actor, Emeka Ike has reacted to the removal of  Ibinabo Fiberesima, as president of Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN).

The actor, who has always been against Ibinabo’s enthronement as the guild leader, disclosed that he gives Ibinabo 24 hours to apologise to the guild and vacate her seat or face being dragged to court again for contempt.

Speaking on the threat of appeal made by the seating president Emeka posits that she has no case and points out what it entails to effect an appeal. He lashed out:

“She has not appealed. Do you know what an appeal of a judgment means? The judgment was given on Monday and I ask, ‘has she received a copy of the judgment she wants to appeal at the moment? Don’t insult my integrity. Before you make any appeal, you have to write papers and take the papers to the right places and you make an appeal with that. 
If you don’t have the judgment papers in your hand, how do you appeal it? And when you appeal, before you get the court’s attention, you must serve it, you must give a notice of it for at least 29 days in a newspaper. There are ways things are done logically on issues like this. It is not for you do things anyhow. This is a very sensitive case. You are dealing with an A-list person. Your mindset is your mindset, it should not affect the other. 
I give her (Ibinabo) 24 hours to tender an apology to the guild, 24 hours for talking about appealing this case, if not, I will serve her court papers and her cohorts; I am not joking on this matter. I am not using thugs, I am not using OPC, I am not using any cult members, I am not using the police, I am applying the Nigerian justice system and that is the civilized way of doing things” he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment