Friday 3 April 2015

Dad who died weeks before his son was born is photoshopped into first family photo


Sierra Sharry and Lane Smith were just about to become parents for the first time when disaster struck. Lane died in a tragic accident. In an emotional Facebook post, Sierra wrote about her partner
"Lane and I had found out we were having a baby at the beginning of 2014, and boy let me tell ya we were beyond excited. I think the thought of having a kid made Lane the happiest person in the world. We were scared as any new parents would be but ready for the adventure together. But in July last year tragedy struck. After a holiday away to see family, Lane fell and hit his head and was later pronounced dead in hospital."
"The father of my unborn child. And since that day I have felt so empty inside. A part of me will forever be missing. I loved that man more than life itself."
Months later, with her baby boy Taos now a toddler, she went for a photoshoot so she could have some mother and son photos.

Kayli, the friend who took the photos, was so moved by her tragic story that she went the extra mile.
Using old photos of Lane, she retrofitted him into the snap to give the heartbroken mother the family photo she has always wanted but thought was never possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment