Friday 3 April 2015

'I will be leaving office in June - Prof. Jega says he has no interest in continuing as INEC chairman


INEC Chairman, Professor Attahiru Jega says he will be leaving office in June this year when his tenure as Chairman of the electoral body ends. In an interview with BBC Hausa, Professor Jega said even if he is asked to continue in office, he would not.
"I am grateful to God. I was asked to come and contribute my own quota to the national development and I have done my bit to the best of my ability. Whatever assignment one will do for five years, just like this difficult one to me, if one is able to successfully accomplish the task, someone else should be given the opportunity. Because for me I am not interested & if I am requested to serve again, I will not do it, by God’s grace" he said.
Prof. Jega came into office in 2010 after the tenure of predecessor, Prof Maurice Iwu, expired.

No comments:

Post a Comment